Sunday, June 22, 2008

Crying

Crying tears of pain
I’m calling
Hurting from the stain
Of sin
Calling out while still
Wandering
Father, do you hear me?

Stubborn soul of mine
Is searching
Looking for some answers
To help me
Thinking there are no
Possibilities
Jesus, can you save me?

Blackened, hardened heart
Is breaking
Broken beneath a heavy
Load of care
No longer able to
Withstand it
Spirit, can you heal me?

I’m a sinner, broken and bleeding
I’m a helpless wandering soul
Can you hear me because I’m silent
Someone please hear my cry

As I go through life
There is no one to listen
Father if you can, break away
My wall and JESUS, Oh dear JESUS
Set me Free!

Freed at last I am
Opened
Bursting at the seams with
Stories to tell
How I’ve gone from old to
New in Jesus
Jehovah, you are God!

People all around
Please listen
Answer the call you
Hear within
Jesus is calling you
Closer and closer
Mankind, do you hear Him?

Broken now I’m
Whole again
Bleeding now I am
Saved
Sinner am I but thanks
To Grace
Shepherd, I am yours!



M. Ruth Smith
2004

No comments:

Blog Archive