Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home Again


I’m walking there and to my surprise
all the people are leaving with wide open eyes.
Tears are flowing freely and smiles grace,
people with the saddest of face.
I’m curiously drawn to this part and place
wondering what lies there for me and if I could find peace.

I come to the cross and there he hung
with tears in my eyes I scream what have we done?
I call out to him saying what do you want!?
Why do you call me here?! I have finally come…

I look all around me and no longer do I see
the faces of people surrounding me.
I see the sins of my youth, my past and present.
I see myself in sins encompassed.
I look up and I scream with selfishness, save me!
Allow your blood to cover me,
but it will take a flood.
And from his face I see tears of joy, of peace, of love
and down flows that river of life saving blood.

At my feet the blood flows round,
and now instead of iniquities… I see only ground.
The sins once present and flowing- controlling,
now are all in the depths of the seas.
I am finding my face on the ground screaming in victory, freedom and peace . In hope I look up to see his face again,
when he looks back at me I find my home in him.

This cross so gruesome so painful and alone,
I find when I come here, there is home found again.
Jesus doesn’t hang on that cross anymore.
He died, rose victorious and is reigning on the throne.
But when I feel downtrodden, hopeless and alone.
It brings me comfort and love when I travel that road once more.
I find Jesus still waits for those who call to him… and sometimes he waits at the cross to bring us home again.


M. Ruth Smith

2007

No comments:

Blog Archive