Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bible Study Break - II Corinthians 4: 1 - 7


II Corinthians 4: 1 - 7
(Paraphrased in my own words, this is the whole passage as revealed to me)
Because of God's mercy at work within me, I am able to have a ministry and I am not to lose heart. Instead I am to renounce my sinful, secret ways. I am to use TRUTH and not deception, or using God's word to shine light or justify my choices. I am to sit myself in a position of accountability. (Meaning to allow them to use the way they perceive me, to return how they respond to me. And I'm to trust them)

What is this ministry? Revealing the gospel to them- by living it, preaching it, and believing it. The only one not receiving it are the one's that are veiled by the enemy. Who blinds their minds against it. My ministry is to live the light so that the "Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ" can shine in the darkness.

The treasure of this ministry and calling, the gospel, is carried in jars of clay. (Me) Cheap, breakable, and replaceable, but necessary service oriented tool- lowly and expendable. That is who I am - not someone who is above others.

I am not to preach about myself- for what am I? But I am to preach Jesus the Christ and I am their servant for Jesus' sake. All this to show that I am naught but a servant who's only power comes from Christ and not from me.

No comments:

Blog Archive