Saturday, October 4, 2008

Peaceful Fall Time Thoughts

This day is gorgeous.... time slowly dripping by and things of my mind call me to type my little fingers away. Cool breezes, funny dog races up and down my hallway and the radio playing in the background. My eyes view beauty and crave the quiet to last for days rather than just a few hours. It's not that the quiet is in the noise, but in my heart. I like this quiet. Peaceful heart that comes after a long week, time with friends and a great nights sleep.

Some say that quiet is often their doom... but do they mean silence or stillness? Peace all around is the best source of rejuvenation one can find... at least in this heart. Followed by a close second... cleaning. I know sounds insane... but somehow setting my physical world right sets this heart right. I read somewhere that cleaning, or having a clean house can represent what is happening in one's heart... and I guess, for me, it can be true. Or it can mean I'm too busy for my own good. :)

Right now I'm peaceful in the knowledge that God is working for me, I'm finally allowing him to work in me, and my world around me will be set right after all this time. Such peace is too great for me. How I long for it more...

No comments:

Blog Archive