Thursday, June 17, 2010

WHAT YOU SEE IS NOT OF ME!

What you see is not of me
I am no hero to be praised
successes are not of my hand
God is the ONE that has set them free

Children all around me sure,
is this the reason for
many of you to look at me and
count your part as obscure?

God has called us each by name
to serve His kingdom by
working our corners to reach them all
the broken, downtrodden and the lame

Beyond this call- throughout His WORD
is a special call to each
a group often seen as too small
to ever have to reach

This group s the orphan child
seen as anything but grand
they are broken, downtrodden, lame and poor
yet with our eyes we cannot stand

We turn the channel, tune out our ears
for fear we might be touched
the numbers are too large for us
and the pictures bring only tears

The call God has lain for us
is to set aside our rest
set loose the captive, feed the hungry
and make the homeless man our guest

The numbers, stats, pictures and more
are not the reason for defeat;
but our hearts, unwilling to move
to ever the challenge meet.

If only you could understand
that this is not of us-
We have no power for this call laid before us
It is GOD in us- THIS is how we stand.

For then you will truly see
I am no hero to be praised
GOD is the ONE that will set you free
Then you will know- what you see is not of me!
-M. Ruth Smith- May 2010

No comments:

Blog Archive