Sunday, April 20, 2008

Today


Today... All my life I've looked forward to tomorrow... because that is always better. And now tomorrow is today. Where does that leave me?

Today is a day worth living
yet I'm not sure what to live for
I'm tired and overwhelmed by everything
and yet i'm constantly ever bored.
I pray and wonder what the Lord wants from me
and yet can't help wondering if maybe I'm just to make a decision or three.
Who am i that i can just dictate how things flow
and yet, who am I not to.

God doesn't make limp dishrags caught up in confusion,
Yet he asks us to be wrapped up in his provision.
Not to take ourselves too seriously
or even to live piously.

Today is a day worth living
and yet I sit here wondering about tomorrow...
is wasting away a day on thinking
really living a life, or filling it with sorrow?
Today is today... right now, the present

and I live my life in the past and in the morrow...
I promised myself that I would not live in "what if"
and yet i live on dreams and wishes.
If today is right now and present
what am i doing?

Today is a day worth living
a time to fulfill and a time to redeem.

Yesterday is gone and it's not coming back
and tomorrow is not promised nor is it pristine.
I'm here in the now, now what do I lack?
I lack direction, discipline, hope and joy
I lack wonder and direction to employ.
Once I was full of all these things
I wonder whatever happened to me...

Today is a day worth living
so what am I waiting for?
I'm waiting for hope and desire,
direction and waiting lines to expire.

I'm wanting all the questions answered
and all the i's dotted and t's crossed.
so who's filling out the map

who's my navigator?
Is it my wandering heart
or the master of my heart
?
Where do I find the things I lack?
How do I get my today back?


Today is a day worth living
How does that look for me?
Do I stop asking questions
and act like a bull in a china shop
making one move after another
without one question or one stop?
How do you define living for today?
No thought of tomorrow or yesterday?
Or do you define living where you are at

until the day when you can get where you are going?
Maybe it's all the above, a story with a hat
never ending, always changing with the wind that's flowing?
Or maybe it's being aware of where you are and never forgetting to be who you are?

Today is a day worth living
I may not know the answers to life's questions
or be smart with quiet intuitions
but I know that the One who holds my hand
holds my future in His hand.
I may not be the greatest poet...
or the one with the most love to show it.
But the question of where to go how to live,
where to be,
are all answered when I hold His hand.
Living today is about "just be"
in His presence is where to go.
I believe that today is a day worth living
but I believe that it is His presence
that makes the present
worth asking questions
and flowing with the flow.

April 2008

No comments:

Blog Archive