Sunday, June 22, 2008

Naked and Wretched


Naked and wretched I come before the cross
Laying all of me down to count as loss
Ribbons and trophies mean nothing now
You consume all of me somehow.

Naked and wretched you saw me exposed
Full of hatred, anger and so disposed
My heart full of sin
Yet you welcomed me in
And now Lord Jesus, well, here we start again.

Days and nights are filling my life
Hopeless I flounder losing to strife
Christian works and good deeds abound
But among all the noise I miss your sound

Calling my name, whispering your words
I miss them and say “get ya afta wards”
How dumb am I? Have I forgotten,
That once I came all gross and rotten?

Naked and wretched, poor, lost and blind
I come to the cross I’ve left behind
Trophies and ribbons I’ve picked up
Have now become my hang up
Jesus, you see me now on my knees
Come work your miracle once again please.

The beauty of Your cross is the glory you showed there
At your feet there is not one sin left unpaid or bare
You in your glory know
How long this journey will go
My Jesus walk with me todayAnd maybe today I won’t forget to pray.


M. Ruth Smith
2007

No comments:

Blog Archive